SGT views its involvement in the waste management industry as an opportunity to be proactive in environmental matters wherever possible.
We believe, therefore, that we have a commitment to:
1. Maintain the highest environmental standards of treatment, ensuring full compliance with existing legislation and to ensure that all employees are trained to the highest standards and kept abreast of new developments and changes in legislation.
2. Maintain a high standard of environmental awareness and compliance throughout the company and wherever possible, recycle materials used within our own company function.
3. Develop new techniques and processes to reach even higher standards of treatment and efficiency.
4. Provide information and guidance on environmental issues to our customers on an ongoing basis.
SGT’s Health & Safety Policy
SGT strives to achieve “Low Environmental Health Safety Impact” in providing safe working condition and maintaining continuity of employment is of continual concern. It is important that adequate policies and procedures be developed and adhered to in order to ensure safe, efficient condition, thereby safeguarding employees and facilities. SGT Environmental Safe Policy calls for;
• Operation that are designed environmentally health safe for employees, clients, contractors and neighbours.
• Continual improvements in operations, emergency preparedness and management oversight to increase the effectiveness and reliability of the management system.
• Identifying relevant health safety and environmental requirements that are consistently meet.
• Progress at meeting safety goals, objectives and targets established through internal and external assessments and reviews.
• Compliance to legal and other applicable requirements.
• Commitment for prevention of health safety and environmental pollution.
• Setting of health safety environmental related objectives and target based on aspect and impact studies conducted.
SGT makes this policy available and accessible to all its employees and exhibits it externally for public knowledge.